Saturday, March 5, 2011

10 Miles

Can't believe I ran 10 miles today and actually lived to blog about it. Talk about a major milestone for me. Not only did I not die, I didn't faint, fall, walk, or have an accident. Thank goodness for gas stations with potties and Gatorade, or else today's adventure might not have ended so pretty. I finished in about 1 hour and 50 minutes including my potty/drink time, which I was pretty pleased with. As I drove around late last night calculating my route, I cringed at how much distance 10 miles actually covers. 10 miles! Only 6 weeks and 3.1 miles to go before the Salt Lake City Half Marathon. Just FYI- the rest of my plans today include mostly eating and sleeping.

4 comments:

lyndsey said...

WAY TO GO! i'm so proud of you. and yes, i'll be hanging on the couch today too :)

Spencer and Anna said...

That's awesome, Amy! Congrats! Half marathons are so fun. I think they're my favorite race.

Sydney said...

I'm so jealous and proud of you!!! I can't even imagine running close to that! What an accomplishment. Honestly- WAY TO GO!

The SaSSeR's said...

That is the best marathon!! we loved running it!!!!! We have been out of the loop because we are moving AGAIN!! i know we are crazy and i can't believe that we are doing it so soon, but all for the jobs and you will die when i tell you where we are moving..... are you ready, no not WA... but to Branson MO!! we will be hanging out with the Osmonds :)