Monday, March 28, 2011

Ode to a 10-month Old

To the most trouble-making, mischief-seeking, 
fastest-crawling baby in the world--
I love you. 

Your obsession with broccoli cheddar soup.
The way you fake laugh whenever we start laughing.
The way you crawl around the entire room
knocking down the block towers I build
one-by-one.
How you are FINALLY starting 
to rest your head on my chest.
Your single dimple.

True, we need to hold your ankles constantly while
you're in our bed because you're obsessed with trying to dive
off the edge.
True, you scream and cry and act like you can't get down 
when you stand up in your crib.
And it's true that you say "da-da" ALL DAY LONG 
and have yet to utter a single "ma."

But you are the cutest little bundle of ten-month perfection 
there has ever been.













10 comments:

lyndsey @ the stationery place said...

this is the cutest post EVER! love that little granty. i can't believe he can pull himself up in his crib!

Sydney said...

What a sweet tribute to your adorable little guy!

Paul and Rachel said...

so cute!!! I want him to come and visit me....and you and Jared too!

Jenny said...

Grant is SO cute! And you are such a cute mom. :D The pics are great!

Heather said...

beautiful baby boy! adorable and handsome too!!!

Spencer and Anna said...

He's a cutie, Aimee! What a smile---it lights up his whole face. :)

Laurel Dorius said...

I love him. I really do. If it weren't for the fact that I already have two little boys of my own and don't need a third quite yet, I'd probably be making plans to kidnap him. Thanks again for coming over today! So fun to see you guys! Love you!

Jodie said...

I loved all your pics!!! I can't believe Grant is almost a year...so fun! :) He's definitely a cutie! Hope all is great! :)

Leslie Leavitt said...

i miss granty! he is wearing the hat that we got him for chirstmas...so cute.
cant wait to see you guys next weekend.

Sarah Turpin said...

oh aimee your little family is just the cutest! I miss you bunches! I wonder when we will ever get to see each other, but for now I will live through your blog :)