Thursday, December 16, 2010

10 MORE DAYS!

We are almost in single digits, people. Just a report on the Pecan Dippers: So easy, and so good. I'm going to have to give some of those other recipes a whirl.

Additionally, I discovered that no child is too young to take part in and enjoy a little holiday cookie baking. I put Granty in the Bjorn while I kneaded the dough and did other prep work. Let's just say I never knew making cookies could be so comical.  I thought he might be slightly amused at what I was doing, so I strapped him on to watch the show. Boy, did I ever underestimate the entertainment value of crushing pecans. For some reason, Grant found me banging the wooden spoon on the bag of pecans simply hilarious. It seriously made him belly laugh--which made me belly laugh. It was so cute, I about couldn't handle it. I couldn't figure it out at the time, but now that I think about a disheveled lady with a baby strapped to the front of her, banging on the counter rhythmically with a wooden spoon, it is pretty funny. Wish I could have recorded it to share, but I'm sure you can see it all in your mind's eye.

No comments: