Friday, December 17, 2010

-9 Days: Pretty Packaging

There's something about a good wrap job that makes a present seem more special. Okay, maybe that's just the effect I'm hoping for to redeem my gifts. Seriously though, it seems like the simplest of gifts can make a big impact when they are presented in a thoughtful, creative way. Here are a few examples of easy ways to jazz up your wrapping.

Did you know that paper curls just like ribbon? Use some colorful scrapbook paper to create an adornment reminiscent of formal dance up-dos. The fuller, the better.


Give a brown lunch bag new life and decorate with a fabric ribbon and paper tag. Perfect for smaller gifts.


I love the personalized touch of monograms. I tied this paper ornament with orange embroidery floss to match the wrapping paper. If you don't want to cut the letters, you can hand-write them, or type and print.


You can find these cute snowflake embellishments at Target. They come in a pack of 5 for $1!

This is one of my favorites. I did the snowflake and lettering on my Cricut, but you could easily make a snowflake the old fashioned way. I wrapped a turquoise ribbon around the gift, and glued this paper embellishment right on top. I love the color combo. The black and white paper is fun because you can add so many different accent colors to it.

Okay, now I am sounding really nerdy; I better just end this. For some ideas from an actual expert, click here. Look how easy this one would be:






3 comments:

Heather said...

SO cute!! I love them! Very pretty!

Spencer and Anna said...

Your presents look beautiful. I'm impressed by all your hard work! And, I've been meaning to comment and tell you that I'm using the Christmas story idea. Except I'm just doing 12 days of stories and I checked most of them out from the library. Grace doesn't know any different. :) So thanks for posting all of this! And I miss you, too.

Jenae said...

Cute blog! You are so crafty.