Monday, December 6, 2010

-19: Semi-handmade Gifts

If you love DIY projects, but sometimes need a little help starting out, check out Poppyseed Projects. They sell project kits for things such as antiqued temple pictures, wood signs, wood photo blocks, little wood countdown calendars, and lots more. It's also a great resource if you like this kind of stuff, but don't want to spend a fortune to buy it already completed. The genius behind Poppyseed Projects is that they provide you with the idea for the project, and the basic materials--wood, vinyl lettering, etc. You provide the materials that make the project personal--scrapbook paper, colored paint, photos, etc. and save money by putting together the project on your own. You could probably save even more money finding the basic materials yourself, but sometimes it's nice to have that jumping off point. 

I found a picture of this adorable temple block online and searched until I found the source of its creation--It was Poppyseed Projects.



 I ordered my kit for 3.95 which included the block (about 5x5 in), and the temple print with lettering. I painted it, sanded the edges, and added my own paper. It took me probably 10 minutes to make after the paint was dry, and voila! Now little babe Error has a temple displayed in his room. And a cute, child-style one at that. I'm hoping to make more for the nieces and nephews for Christmas. Check out the site for other great gift ideas for the people on your list! They ship anywhere and offer free pickup locally. 


No comments: