Sunday, December 5, 2010

-20 Days: Christmas Books


This will be short and sweet since the day is almost over. The holiday idea for tonight comes from my creative and talented sister-in-law, Rachel. A few weeks ago I ordered a few Christmas books from Amazon to begin a little collection for Grant. (I love ordering books online, and did this frequently when I was teaching last year because you can get some really good, used copies for cheap. I recommend it.) I wanted to do something special with the books, but wasn't sure what. Just found out tonight that Rachel has been building up her own Christmas book collection for her kids and does something absolutely WONDERFUL. She has 24 now (some really special, and some she says are less so) and wraps them up each year to put under the tree. Each night leading up to Christmas the kids get to unwrap a new book to be read. Isn't that perfect? I definitely don't have 24 books yet, so it will take a couple years to get ready. But this is definitely a tradition I am going to start preparing for. Thought I'd pass it along so you can do the same!

2 comments:

Sydney said...

That is such a good idea. I'll definitely have to remember it.

suzy said...

I have a couple of Christmas books I bought for Grant. I will bring them when I see you in a couple of weeks. I love this idea.